Friday, January 13, 2012

la phrase "C'est moi!"

I followed Resolution #4 recently, and bought something at the grocery store that I had never seen before: a tube of Creme de Marrons.

Only 58 cents!

Kind of unappetizing coming from a sort of toothpaste tube, but it still tastes like Creme de Marrons!  Among other chestnut-related items, this is the stuff that they were selling at the Chestnut Festival in Privas back in October.  Wish I had seen this before going home for Christmas!

I've heard the phrase "C'est moi!" when buying something at a store or cafe.  Literally, it means "It's me!"  Usually the exchange goes like this:

Shop owner gives you the chestnut spread/cafe au lait/Vietnamese salad you just bought.
Customer: "Merci!"
Shop owner: "C'est moi!"

As in, "It's me!  The pleasure is mine!  I should be the one thanking you!"

Last night, I went to a show called Banjofolies, which is part of the Culture in Crest series where they bring different acts to the stage at the movie theater.  There's usually a good turnout, and I see several students there.

If you've seen the movie A Mighty Wind, these guys were like the French version of the Folksmen.  Three guys, three instruments, corny jokes.  They played Barbie Girl, We Are the World, and Auld Lang Syne, as well as YMCA, complete with Village People hats.

The BanjoManiacs

It was a fun show, and even more fun that something like this came to Crest!


No comments:

Post a Comment