Tuesday, November 22, 2011

that I'm making a pumpkin pie for 22 French 2nd and 3rd graders

Yesterday and today, I talked about Thanksgiving in English/French for the last 10 minutes in some of my classes.  I showed images like the Mayflower, turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, the Macy's parade, a football game and the classic Norman Rockwell painting of the grandparents serving their family.

Today after the presentation, the teacher said "Oh, maybe Rebecca could make a pumpkin pie and bring it next Tuesday, that would be nice!"  So....... I am!

About 30 language assistants from the area are getting together for Thanksgiving this weekend.  I'd say more than half are not American, so it will be fun to see what they think of the food and traditions.  When Thursday rolls around, I'm really going to miss my family, but hopefully this Thanksgiving with friends will help.  Anyway, another American is making a couple of pumpkin pies WITHOUT CANNED PUMPKIN, so hopefully I'll get some pumpkin pie advice before next Tuesday rolls around.

Also, I taught some verbs in three of my classes today. Skate, swim, read, listen, eat, drink, etc.  I had the students act out a verb, another student would guess, and then they would come up to the front of the class and act out the next one.  I feel like I and fellow Americans would generally mime "eat" as a person shoveling food into their mouth.  A ten-year-old boy came up to the front of the class and mimed using a knife and fork.

Classe.

No comments:

Post a Comment