Saturday, October 22, 2011

le mot "babacool"

This morning, I went to the weekly market, and what did I find??

Kakis!!

I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it is, in fact, a type of persimmon.  I hope they are in season for a few more weeks!

I had mentioned to a teacher I work with that I was looking for a guitar to buy/borrow while I'm here in France.  She emailed me last week to say that her husband is a luthier, and they had a guitar for me to borrow.  She also mentioned that her daughter was coming home for fall break and wanted to practice English with a native speaker.

So, today I met up with her daughter at a cafe.  She goes to college in Lyon, and I'm going to Lyon for the day soon, so I picked up some travel tips.  She also mentioned that the Drôme department is known for being "babacool."  Babacool means hippie, laid-back, there are a lot of music events, it's the first department to go organic, etc.  You know, babacool.

She also told me about the different French TV stations.  I looked up the channel TF1 online when I got home and watched part of an episode of MasterChef.  It was pretty easy to understand, and it was kind of funny to watch the contestants get upset in French.  They also have several versions of Les Experts (a.k.a. CSI, dubbed in French), as well as Danse Avec Les Stars.  I plan on watching the entire season of MasterChef.

Anyway, today was a very productive day.  Finally got some kakis and a guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment