Saturday, October 8, 2011

le mot "virer"

Yesterday I learned that the word virer means "to transfer."  I successfully opened a bank account here, but I realized I didn't have any money it.  So, yesterday I learned virer (to transfer), un virement (a transfer) and un distributeur (ATM) because I had to contact my bank here, and then I had to call my bank in the U.S. via Skype a couple times to figure out how to do it.  I should know on Monday whether or not it worked out!

I spent today in the big city (Valence) with a couple fellow language assistants, where I went to the tourism office, walked around the outdoor market, ate a croque-monsieur, went to the park to look at the river, finally found some nail polish remover, and bought these pants:

France pants.
Photo from www.promod.fr

Haven't gotten buyer's remorse yet, but we'll see.

Part of my work this week has been to transcribe a few clips of children's shows.  Tonight, I did a couple of clips about weather from Sesame Street, and then a couple of Peppa Pig.  I'd never heard of it, but it's pretty cute. Plus, they say cute things like "ice lolly" and "tuck in."  I know that the French teachers are going to ask me what Americans say for "tuck in"... Dig in?  Bon appetit?

Grover from Sesame Street has such a weird voice... I wonder if the French kids will even be able to understand him... I had a little trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment