Wednesday, October 5, 2011

that you can visit the Tour de Crest for free if you can prove that you live in Crest

Lots of pictures today!  Today, the Spanish language assistant and I went to the Tour de Crest.  The Tour is the main tourist attraction in Crest. It prides itself on being the highest dungeon in Europe, and it provides an amazing view of Crest and the rest of la Drôme.




The first steps toward the Tour de Crest.

How cats are sold in France?  Placing them on your balcony with a sign that says "For Sale" and an email address.  Saw this on the way up the stairs.

A few more stairs....

Poem sculpture with perfect French handwriting.

The English guide to the Tour of Crest.  As you can see at the bottom of the guide, the Tour was "enriched with sound effects, etc." in 2003.  I'm glad I read this before I went in.  Every once in a while there would be pizzicato strings and ghost-type sounds.

Inside the Tour.  I am 95% sure this is just a sculpture.

The view from almost the top!

At the top, near the flags!

Even higher!

Overall, it was really interesting, and I'm planning to go back several times... it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment